Amidst the suffering she had to endure in her life. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, she stood unmoved and unhurt and said to the tyrant: “I have prayed unto my Lord Jesus Christ that this fire should not reign over me; andthe Lord Jesus Christstanding motionless and unhurt, he said to the tyrant: “I have prayed to my Lord Jesus Christ that this fire might not reign over me; and that those who hope in Christ laugh at you. That is why I have asked for the duration of my suffering, that those who believe may be spared the fear of the workers, and that those who do not think so may be spared the voice of mockery, so that they may no longer mock Christians.
It is known that Saint Lucia was martyred because of her fiancé. And some of Pashasie's friends, not liking to see him in great anger and intemperance, ordered him to strike them across the neck with the sword.
So they went home with pashasias andThe Saint, although very wounded. They did not relent, but prayed and spoke to the people, saying, “I bless you that peace has been given to the church of God. Because Diocletian fell from the kingdom, Maximian is now dead; and the city of Catania has my sister, Saint Agathia. As God's intercessor, you should know me as sent by God to this city; but only if you do His will and accept His faith.” These words Lucia, the handmaid of God, with her throat pierced by the sword. Behold, before their eyes Paschasius was brought in chains. The Sicilians had secretly sent to Rome, proclaiming that Pashasius mercilessly mocked this city, plundering it and taking away things from others.
Who is Lucy in the Bible?
Saint Lucia was captured by the governor's lieutenantthe province of Campania(Italy), Rix, who forced her to sacrifice to the gods. Lucia flatly refused and confessed so bravelyour Lord Jesus Christthat Rix also received Christian teachings andholy baptism.
In the Bible, St. Lucia is considered the Virgin of Syracuse, the spiritual patron saint of ophthalmologists and the protector of sight and eyes. Catholics and Orthodox celebrate it every year on December 13th.
His life was like that of the angels through humility, prayer and fasting. For his humility he accepted such a gift from God that he couldperform extraordinary miracles, even raising the dead as shown in Egyptian paternity.
Key verse related to Saint Lucia
“No one is polluted to endanger the soul if the mind has not liked it. If you would raise my hand to your idol and make me an offer against my will, I would still be blameless before the true God, who judges by will and knows all things. If you now allow me to be defiled against my will, I shall be credited with a double purity in glory. You cannot bend my will to your purpose; Whatever you do to my body, it can't happen to me."(Video) Story of Saint Lucy | Stories of Saints | Episode 68
How did Saint Lucia lose her eyes?
So a bid thencame from Romethat he should be tried in prison, where he will be interrogated. He was sentenced to death after having his head cut off. In addition, he died with a sound. The still-living saint saw his beheading standing in the animals and in the workplace. Wherever she was wounded, her spirit did not desert her until the priests came and gave her the most holy and life-giving sacraments of Christ.
According to historical records, Saint Lucia lost her eyes when her future husband's friends beat her. They hit her behind the neck with an iron, causing her such severe trauma that it is believed to have been the cause of her vision loss. And then they cut her throat.
When everyone said "Amen," the holy nun gave her honest soul into the hands of the Lord. And she was placed in that place of honor where he built a church over her in her name and in her honorGod in the Trinitywho worships the Father and the Son andthe Holy Spirit, to whom be glory forever.
Where is Saint Lucia buried?
In a dream, St. Agatha told her she wouldbecome a martyr. After her mother got well, St. Lucy decided to donate all her savings to the poorconsecrate their lives to Jesus Christ, even though she was engaged. When her fiancé found out about this, he angrily went to the city lord Paschasie, who demanded that she be taken to a brothel, where she would be mocked.
According to historians, Saint Lucy is buried in Venice, where a cathedral was built after the martyrdom of her martyr.
How old was St. Lucia when she died? The Church of Saint Lucia stands where Saint Luciabe torturedand died in 304. The history of the church can be traced back to Norman times.
- It is known that Saint Lucia came from Syracuse in Sicily. Because her mother got sick one day, she took her with her. And together they made a pilgrimage to Catania to pray to Saint Agatha that her mother would not bleed. Then Lucia had a dream in which Saint Agatha appeared to her. Promised that her mother would be cured of her illness. But Saint Agatha also told her that she would suffer greatlythe Christian faith.
- After her mother's recovery, St. Lucia distributed all her possessions among the poor. But her fiancé betrayed her, saying she believed in Christ andwas virgin. The ruler of the city ordered her to be taken to a house of debauchery so that she would be dishonest. But God did not allow this horror. Despite this, she was burned and then beheaded with the sword.
- The cult of the Virgin spread beyond Sicily and throughout the West. Saint Gregory the Great,in a letterShe speaks of two monasteries in her honor. One in Rome and the other in Syracuse. Because of her name, which refers to light, she became the protector of sight.
Also read:Who is Rahab? Who did Rahab marry?
The saying "it's going to be as hard as Lucy's chair" is still used today and refers to something that's hard to do or keeps getting delayed. Those who managed to complete the stool and climb on it at vespers could identify the witches among the women in the church.
Since he distributed his goods to the poor in various places, his festival was accompanied by the custom of giving gifts to children. Santa Lucia is a kindSanta Clausfor many Italian children. She comes to good children on the night of December 12-13. The little ones are waiting for Santa Lucia with a mug of milk on the windowsill. They also put biscuits for the saint and carrots forthe donkeyshe's supposed to bring them home. And there are many processions dedicated to the miraculous and merciful saint.
- Dhillon, N., Dua, H.S., & Singh, A.D. (2009). How old was St. Lucia when she died? Saint Lucia is the patron saint of the blind.British Journal of Ophthalmology,93(10), 1275-1275.
- Moffitt, JF (1997). DOMENICO VENEZIANOS “SAINT LUCY” ALTARPIECE: PRESENT FOR “UTERUS PERSPECTIVE”. ”SOURCE: How old was St. Lucia when she died? Notes on Art History,16(4), 14-24.
- Roberts, AM (1984). Silver Points from the Master of the Legend of Saint Lucia. How old was St. Lucia when she died?Altes Holland, 237-245.
- Rooney, A (2011). How old was St. Lucia when she died? The Intercessions of Saint Ciarán the Elder and: The Eyes of Saint Lucy.prairie schooner,85(4), 90-93.
- Tiatco, A.P. (2012). Imag(in)ing Saint Lucia: How old was Saint Lucia when she died? The narrative and performative construction of the Kuraldal in Sasmuan, Philippines.Philippine Humanities Review,14(1).